Sports Injury and Medicine
Our sports physicians at Aspen Healthcare are well-established experts who can offer prompt assessment, diagnosis and treatment for both elite and recreational athletes and sportspersons of all ages for a wide variety of sports and exercise related injuries and conditions. We understand the importance of helping you return to your previous level of fitness as promptly as possible by minimising the effect the injury has on your life.
Consulting, diagnosis and treatment services
Our facility has dedicated physiotherapy consultations and fully equipped, air conditioned gym areas to provide our patients with a complete level of care for all aspects of sports medicine. Aspen Healthcare’s dynamic team of experienced physiotherapists are committed to providing professional treatment and rehabilitation.
This specialist expertise can also be used to look into the underlying causes of sports injuries and how problems can be prevented in the future. We can offer advice appropriate to your sport, such as warm up and training techniques, as well as a biomechanical assessment to evaluate the range of joint motion and muscle strength in your lower limbs.
We provide on-site access to state-of-the-art imaging technology services, including ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans with expert reporting by a team of musculoskeletal radiologists to ensure that you receive the most accurate diagnosis and are able to make the most informed decision for your treatment.
Our consultant orthopaedic surgeons have the experience to treat a range of sports-related injuries such as keyhole joint surgery, repair of ligament injuries, treatment of fractures and the repair of tendon and nerve injuries. The ability to offer the best procedures to treat their injury has helped athletic clients such as gymnasts, footballers, cyclists, skiers, runners and many more maintain their highest level of performance.
Sports medicine treatments
Our sports medicine specialists can provide treatments for many musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Knee injuries – anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair, tendonitis, bursitis, runner’s knee
- Ankle injuries – bursitis, Achilles tendonitis
- Shoulder injuries – rotator cuff disorders, shoulder instability, shoulder dislocation
- Elbow injuries – repetitive strain injury, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow
- Back injuries – slipped discs, spinal stenosis, strains and sprains
- Trauma – bone fractures
- Muscle and soft tissue tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Consultation with a dedicated sports physiotherapist
- Experienced team of orthopaedic surgeons
- Biomechanical assessments, gait analysis and isokinetic testing
- On-site access to diagnostic tests, including ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans
- Air conditioned gym areas with exercise equipment to assist rehabilitation
- Hydrotherapy treatments (Parkside Hospital)
- Therapeutic ultrasound for the treatment of sprains, strains and joint inflammation
The above is intended for information purposes only and should not replace advice that your relevant health professional would give you.
Sports Injury and Medicine Consultants