Welcome to Parkside Private Hospital
Parkside Private Hospital is one of the leading private hospitals in South-West London. We opened in 1983 and are located opposite Wimbledon Common. Our hospital is easily accessible from Central London and the surrounding areas.
For over 35 years, we have provided first-class independent healthcare for the local community. We can offer you a peaceful stay in a private en-suite room and fast access to a consultant. Parkside takes pride in high standards of care and a friendly atmosphere.
We welcome patients who have private medical insurance or choose to pay for their own treatment. Parkside also provides some specialist services to NHS patients.
Our services and treatments
At Parkside Private Hospital, we treat both adults and children and offer a wide range of healthcare services. These include:
- a private GP service
- outpatient clinics
- diagnostic imaging
- health assessments, including genetic testing and cancer screening
- physiotherapy and sports injury treatment
- a pharmacy service
- treatment or surgery in most branches of medicine
We can care for you from your initial appointment with a consultant and diagnostic tests, through to any surgery and rehabilitation. There are minimal waiting times for tests and treatment.
Parkside works in close partnership with our neighbouring site, Cancer Centre London, to provide specialist cancer services.
You can find a full list of services and treatments here.
Our expert team
Parkside Private Hospital works with over 400 consultants and other specialists in London. Many of these healthcare professionals also work in the NHS and are leaders in their field. You can view the profiles of our consultants and specialists here.
We employ more than 360 hospital staff, including highly experienced nurses. All of our nurses are registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Our dedicated team make sure that you get the best possible care and treatment.
Our quality standards
The Care Quality Commission is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. In March 2020, they awarded Parkside Private Hospital an overall rating of ‘Good’. You can read more about how we are regulated here.
To practise at Parkside, consultants must meet strict criteria set by our Medical Advisory Committee. Our consultants agree to comply with Aspen Healthcare’s quality framework. This ensures that our patient care meets the highest safety and quality standards, and that we continually improve our services.
Parkside also maintains strict hygiene standards to protect your health and safety. We do not have any known cases of hospital-acquired infections, such as MRSA.
At Parkside, we have exceptional levels of patient satisfaction. We have received numerous awards and accreditations for the quality of our healthcare. As a result, we have a reputation for clinical excellence. One of our patients recently commented:
‘I was very impressed with Parkside Private Hospital. All the staff that I had dealings with were such lovely, caring people. Nothing was too much for them. I would highly recommend this hospital.’
- 75 beds, all with satellite TV, a direct-dial telephone and internet facilities
- 4 operating theatres
- High Dependency Unit with 5 beds
- 38 consulting rooms
- 4 minor procedure rooms
- £2.7 million refurbished Day Unit with 12 private pods for patients
- Bupa accredited breast and bowel care centres
- Full range of diagnostic imaging facilities (including MRI, CT, PET-CT, ultrasound and DEXA osteoporosis scans, digital X-rays and specialist cancer screening)
- Endoscopy suite (accredited by the Joint Advisory Group on Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
- Parkside Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Centre
- Stryker Mako robotic arm system for joint replacement surgery
- Physiotherapy and heated pool for hydrotherapy
- Pathology laboratory
- Free onsite car parking