Who would benefit from a health assessment?
Everyone – everyone is susceptible to illness and a health assessment is an excellent way to assess your current and future health, as well as provide advice on becoming healthier and fitter. A Health Screen at Parkside Hospital is tailored to your age, gender and medical history. Certain diseases are more common as you age and we can tailor your consultation to test for these conditions.
The number one reason to have a health assessment is peace of mind. Many people are worried about certain health issues and the earlier a condition is diagnosed, the better the chance of a full recovery.
Health Screening at Parkside is tailored to your age, gender and medical history.
Bowel (colon) cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer which, at its early stages, exhibits few symptoms.
Osteoporosis Screening provides an assessment of bone density and fracture risk.
The Bupa approved breast screening service at Parkside Hospital uses Mammography to detect the early signs of disease.
A capsule Endoscopy is a non-invasive test to diagnose conditions and disorders of the small bowel.
A Prostate Cancer Screening service is offered at Parkside Hospital in conjunction with leading Consultant Urologists.
To identify intolerance to common aspects of your diet such as lactose or wheat.
You may benefit more from a health screening in the following circumstances:
· After giving birth
· Before starting a new physical exercise routine
· If there is a history of cancer, heart disease, diabetes or other illnesses in your family
· If you are over the age of 50
· If you have any health concerns
Why choose us?
· All of our health assessments include a consultation with a doctor.
· We offer a wide range of clinically proven tests with fast results.
· Tests are reported on by specialist consultant radiologists.
· We provide a personalised health report and practical action plan for you to keep.
· We can provide onward referral and rapid-access to consultants, if necessary.
You can refer yourself for Health Screening and do not need a letter of referral from your GP.