Respiratory medicine is concerned with the organs which are responsible for carrying oxygen to the blood and expelling carbon dioxide. The organs which are associated with breathing include the nasal passages, trachea, lungs and bronchi.
At Parkside Private Hospital we offer regular outpatient clinics with specialist Consultant to assess and treat a full range of respiratory conditions including asthma, chronic cough, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), emphysema and sleep apnoea (snoring and breathing difficulties during sleep). We aim, wherever possible, to offer patients the convenience of a one-stop clinic to both diagnose and treat where necessary.
Our consultants specialise in:
- Investigation & management of breathlessness
- Investigation & management of cough
- Asthma & chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung blood clots (Pulmonary Embolism)
- Sleep apnoea (snoring and breathing difficulties during sleep)
- Lung function testing
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy
At Parkside your consultant has access to a range of specialist services including biopsies, blood tests, lung function tests, ECG, x-ray and other tests to aid diagnosis.
Respiratory Medicine Consultants