Self Pay Patients
Parkside Private Hospital has been offering exceptional healthcare to local and international patients for over 35 years. We welcome insured patients as well as those funding their own treatment.
Parkside Private Hospital is accepted by, and has direct settlement arrangements with most major health insurance companies. Alternatively, many of our patients choose to Self-Pay for their own treatment.
What is Self-Pay?
Self-Pay is the option to pay for your own treatment. This alternative solution allows you quick access to high quality treatments with little or no wait time without the need for private insurance. Paying for your own treatment also allows you the freedom to choose the Consultant who will look after you. At Parkside Private Hospital, Self-Pay prices are available for all our tests and treatment, allowing you to fund your own treatment
When can you choose to pay for yourself?
- If the NHS doesn’t cover the treatment you require.
- If you are not eligible for NHS – funded care.
- You are on a waiting list and would like to be treated quicker and at time that is convenient to you.
- If you don’t have private health insurance
Do I need a referral?
We have over 100 expert consultants across a range of specialities, who offer consultations for a fixed fee of £200 without the need for a referral letter.
Self-Pay Consultations for £200
Whether you have an ongoing healthcare concern, are waiting for NHS treatment, or simply want a second opinion, you can access specialist care now. We now offer consultations with one our specialists for the fixed cost of £200*.
For more information about this offer please call our Self-Pay Team on 020 8971 8008.
*Please remember to quote the £200 fixed price consultation offer when booking your chosen consultant. Failure to do so may result in additional charges.
Click here for Self-Pay Consultations
If my consultant recommends further tests, how do I find out costs?
If at the time of your Outpatient consultation you are recommended to have further tests i.e. blood tests, scans or minor procedures we have a cashier in our Outpatient department who is available until 8pm on weekdays, and can provide you the cost of your treatment, allowing you to make an informed decision before proceeding.
We also offer our self-pay patients a wide range of fixed price packages for the surgery they need. Our competitive packages ensure you know exactly what your surgery will cost in advance and our self-pay team will guide you through the process.
We aim to make this process as simple as possible so we have provided a guide below of the main steps you need to follow to receive treatment at our Hospital.
1. FIND OUT THE COST OF YOUR TREATMENT
- Before you receive any treatment privately find out the cost by clicking on ‘view all’ in the search box here. Wherever possible we offer procedures at a fixed price which gives you the reassurance of knowing in advance exactly how much you will need to pay.
- When making an appointment please quote the reference PATS to our Client Services Advisors on 020 8971 8026 as this will ensure that you are registered for this scheme.
- For further information about our Self-Pay Fixed Prices or should your required procedure not be listed, below please contact us on 020 8971 8008 or email us by clicking here.
2. GET YOUR REFERRAL
- For most treatments you will need a referral from your GP to see a specialist. However you can refer yourself directly for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Health Screens, Physiotherapy or treatment for sports injuries.
- Once you have your referral, please call us on 020 8971 8026 to make an appointment.
3. SEE YOUR SPECIALIST
- Your specialist will review your individual needs and decide on the next steps. They will let you know if you need some tests and/or a procedure as a day patient or inpatient.
4. ARRANGE YOUR TREATMENT
- Whatever treatment you need can usually be arranged with little or no waiting, so you can choose to have it when it is most convenient for you.
5. PAY FOR YOUR TREATMENT
You can pay for your treatment by cash, cheque, credit or debit card either in person at our Finance Office next to the Main Reception or by calling 020 8605 2895.
For details of our Fixed Price Packages and full terms and conditions, please click on the button below.
View our All-Inclusive Fixed Price Packages
If I need surgery do you have any Fixed Price Packages available?
We have Fixed Price Packages for over 70 procedures across a range of specialities.
What is a Fixed Price Package?
It is a total price for all the costs related to your treatment, as an inpatient which is agreed before your stay. It includes the hospital, consultant and anaesthetist fees and is available for self funding patients.
What is included in your fixed price package?
- Pre-operative assessment prior to admission to hospital (This does not include initial Consultation fees, diagnostic tests and scans prior to admission.)
- Your consultant and anaesthetist fees for your in-patient care
- All costs associated with your operation or procedure, including prosthesis from standard range (an additional charge may be made for certain bespoke prostheses
- Nursing care and theatre fees
- 24 hour on-call doctor
- Medication and dressings, including take home medication for up to 14 days
- Any tests and scans you require during your stay in hospital
- Physiotherapy required both during your stay and after discharge (Orthopaedic patients only)
- One out-patient visit following discharge for removal of stitches or wound dressing
- One follow up consultation with your consultant
- Hydrotherapy, if required, during your stay (for Orthopaedic patients only) Outpatient Hydrotherapy is not included and will need to be paid for separately
- Two appointments with the dietitian either pre or post discharge. (Weight loss patient only)
What is not included in your Fixed Price Package?
- Consultation fees prior to your stay in hospital
- Diagnostic tests and scans prior to your admission to hospital
- Personal charges (telephone, visitors meals, alcoholic drinks, etc.)