Professor Marcus Reddy
General Laparoscopic Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS, BSc, LLB, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Gen)
Main NHS base:
St George's University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- British Association of Surgical Oncology
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons (General)
- GI disease, like gallstones and emergency surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Open or laparoscopic TEP technique
- Advanced laparoscopy
- Bariatric (weight loss)
- Anti-reflux (hiatus hernia repair, fundoplication, Linx)
- Laparoscopic bariatric surgery
- Specialist upper GI procedures
- Anti-reflux Linx device
- Intra-gastric balloons
- Gastric banding
- Gastric bypass
- Sleeve gastroectomy
- Revisional bariatric surgery
Sees adults only
Fees, Training & Background:
Professor Reddy attained a BSc(Pharm) in 1989 and received his MBBS from St George’s Hospital Medical School in 1992. He became a FRCS(Eng) in 1997 and FRCS(Gen) in 2004. He trained in London and Australia where he gained an in-depth knowledge of GI surgery, liver transplantation, hepatobiliary surgery and laparoscopic surgery.
Professor Reddy is fully accredited on the UK General Medical Council’s Specialist Register for general surgery with a nominated special interest in upper gastrointestinal and hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery.
He is also a member of the committee overseeing the National Bariatric Surgery Database, a senior lecturer in surgery at St George’s, University of London and an active member at many prestigious associations.
Professor Reddy is the clinical lead for General Surgery in St George’s and the Bariatric Surgeon in the department.
Personal website address: