Mr Sarb Sandhu
QualificationsBSc (Hons), MBBS(Lon), MD(Lon), FRCS(Eng), FRCS (Urol)
Main NHS base:
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust | St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- General urology including Holmium Laser Enculeation of the Prostate (HOLEP)
- Management of kidney stones, prostate and bladder conditions
- Vasectomy and circumcision
- Laser surgery for the prostate
- Laparoscopic renal surgery
- Uro-oncology (cancer surgery), including treatment of bladder and prostate cancer
Sees adults and children (5+)
Training and Background
Mr Sandhu is a Consultant Urological Surgeon who works on three NHS sites: Kingston General Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital, and St Georges Hospital. He trained at the Royal Free Hospital in London, and gained higher surgical training in the North Thames Region and the Royal Marsden Hospital. He obtained a MD degree on research into Prostate Cancer and holds special interests in Laparoscopy, and uro-oncology.
Mr Sandhu has undertaken periods of elective training, in Boston, Egypt, and Belgium. He has recently been appointed Chief of Surgery and Planned Care at Kingston Hospital. Previously, he was the Lead Clinician for both Cancer Services and Urology at Kingston Hospital, and also was responsible for Undergraduate Surgical Training.
He runs General Urology Clinics for St George’s Hospital and Kingston Hospital (at Queen Mary’s Hospital), and Oncology Clinics in the Sir William Rous Unit at Kingston Hospital.