Mr John Dabis
Consultant Knee Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS MRCS FRCS (Tr&Orth) MSc SEM
- ACL Rupture; Knee Ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament and multi ligament work
- Paediatric ligament surgery
- Anterolateral ligament surgery
- Posterior cruciate ligament surgery
- Revision ligament surgery; Knee arthroscopy including meniscal repair and meniscal transplantation
- Cartilage repair
- Anterior knee pain
- Revision knee surgery
- Degenerative knee disorders
- Sports injuries
- Osteotomy including complex intra-articular and revision Osteotomy
- Knee replacement surgery including Uni-compartmental knee arthroplasty
- Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Revision Knee Arthroplasty
- Robotic assisted joint replacements
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Patella Dislocation
Fees, Training & Background:
Mr Dabis graduated from Bart’s and the Royal London Medical school in 2006 with honours. He completed 6 years of higher Orthopaedic surgical training in South West London, rotating through the region’s major trauma centre and the South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre.
Mr Dabis completed two knee specialty fellowships, both nationally in the UK Osteotomy centre in Basingstoke, and internationally in the Brisbane Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre. He completed an AO trauma fellowship in Boston Massachusetts affiliated with Harvard Trauma.
Mr Dabis was appointed as a Consultant Knee and Trauma surgeon in Kingston Hospital in July 2019. He treats all aspects of knee pathology, ranging from paediatric knee conditions to revision knee surgery. His main passion is young adult knee preservation and all aspects of sports knee injuries, including osteotomy and ligament ruptures. He also focuses on partial, total knee and revision knee replacements. He is trained in using navigation and robotics.
Mr Dabis has also completed a sports and exercise medicine masters in University College London. He is a member of British Association for Surgery of the Knee, European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee surgery & Arthroscopy and the International society of Arthroscopy, Knee surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Mr Dabis has received awards from specialty societies, BOSTAA and ESSKA. Mr Dabis has 13 publications and over 40 national/international presentations and contributions made to 5 text books.
Personal website address:
Are you insured?
Parkside Private Hospital welcomes patients with private medical insurance and is recognised by all major medical insurers.
Find out more
We welcome patients choosing to pay for their own treatment and offer a wide range of medical services, procedures and finance options.
Find out more