Mr James Read
Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon
QualificationsBSc, MBBS, MSc, FRCS
Main NHS base:
Royal Surrey NHS Foundation Trust
- JAG accredited
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Member Association of Coloproctologists Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Hernia repair (laparoscopic and open)
- Local anaesthetic excision of lesions
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Ileostomy / colostomy
- Rectal prolapse surgery
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Fistula-in-ano surgery
- Haemorrhoid treatment (banding/open/pexy)
- Laparoscopic major colorectal resection.
Sees adults only
Fees, Training & Background:
Mr James Read is a Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon.
He qualified in 2006 from Imperial College where he was awarded his BSc in Metabonomics and MSc in surgical technology. His postgraduate surgical research focused on the management of early rectal cancer. After completion of training, he completed two further nationally accredited fellowships developing his expertise in advanced laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery and exenteration for advanced pelvic malignancy.
His main expertise lies with the minimally invasive (laparoscopic and robotic) treatment of malignant and benign conditions of the colon and rectum, exenterative approaches to locally advanced pelvic malignancies, gallbladder and hernia surgery.
He holds full JAG accreditation to perform colonoscopies.