Mr Hasan Abdur Rahman Qazi
Consultant Urological Surgeon
QualificationsMBBS, MD, FRCS (Urol)
Languages spoken:English, German, Urdu, Punjabi
Main NHS base:
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Royal College of Surgeons
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Prostate and bladder problems
- Testicular conditions, benign and malignant
- Diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer
- Cystoscopy and diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer
- Urinary tract infections
- Urinary problems in men and women
Sees adults and children (16+)
Training and Background
Mr Qazi completed his surgical training in Liverpool, and went on to do a Doctorate in urinary bladder cancer in Leicester, where he was awarded numerous awards for his research work.
He completed his Urology training in Glasgow and completed a 12 month Fellowship in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in Leipzig, Germany which is one of the world leading centres for minimally invasive surgery.
Mr Qazi was appointed Consultant in Glasgow in 2012 and set up the Department of Robotic surgery there, prior to moving to St George’s in 2017.
He is the lead for the RAPID prostate cancer diagnostic centre, one of three centres across the UK, utilizing advanced MRI Fusion technology for diagnosis of prostate cancer.