Mr Demetri Panayi
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
QualificationsMB.BS (Lon), BSc(Hons), MRCOG
Main NHS base:
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- International Urogynaecological Association
- International Continence Society
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- British Society of Urogynaecologists
- Bladder and vaginal pain
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Chronic bladder inflammation
- Urinary incontinence in women
- Uterine and vaginal prolapse
- Vaginal hysterectomy, vaginal wall repair, vaginal vault procedures not using mesh
- Complex prolapse and incontinence surgery including repeat surgery, botox treatment to bladder
- Minimally invasive bladder procedures
- Management of childbirth injury
- Vaginal reconstruction
- Labial reconstruction
- Minimally invasive procedures including laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation, cystoscopy
- Menstrual disorders
- General gynaecology
Sees adults only
Fees, Training & Background:
Consultants set their own fees for a consultation. To find out how much Mr Demetri Panayi charges for a consultation, please visit their profile on the PHIN website here
Medical School: Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust 1991-1997 Obstetrics and Gynaecology training: London region 1998-2007 Research Fellow: Imperial College 2007-2008 Subspecialist training Urogynaecology: Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust 2008-2010 Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist / Lead for Urogynaecology 2010 to present.
Mr. Panayi is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, and an Accredited Subspecialist Uorgynaecologist. He has over a decade of experience as a consultant, setting up and developing the Department of Urogynaecology and Childbirth Injury at his NHS trust. He manages simple and complex pelvic floor conditions including incotinence, prolapse and provides a postnatal pelvic floor service in the NHS and private sector, managing complications of childbirth.
He has surgical expertise in pelvic floor, vaginal, and minimally invasive gynaecological procedures. He has extensive involvement in the training of new consultants having been a member of the Training Committee of British Society of Urogynaecologists, RCOG College tutor at his NHS trust, and is the Preceptor for Urogynaecological training in the SW London training region.
He has presented at national and international conferences and published extensively in scientific journals.
Personal website address: