Miss Rowena Bevan
QualificationsMA (Cantab) MB BChir MSc (Human Reproductive Biology) MD (Cantab) FRCOG
Main NHS base:
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Heavy periods & fibroids
- Painful periods & endometriosis
- Abnormal bleeding – treatment of endometrial polyps
- Menopause & HRT
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Fertility & assisted conception treatments
- Laparoscopic & hysteroscopic surgery
- Mirena coil insertion
- Ring pessary insertion
- Endometrial ablation
- Cervical screening (Smear tests)
- Adolescent period problems
Fees, Training & Background:
Miss Bevan graduated from Queens’ College, Cambridge University, in 1985 and completed her clinical training at Guy’s Hospital, University of London qualifying as a doctor in 1988.
She performed research for her MD (Cantab) for two years in Sydney, Australia, returning to the UK to complete her general Obstetrics and Gynaecology training in North West London. She obtained subspecialty Reproductive Medicine status in 1998 training under Professor Lord Winston and Professor Lesley Regan.
Miss Bevan is currently Person Responsible and Clinical Lead for the Assisted Conception Unit at Kingston Hospital and is also Training Programme Director for the junior doctors training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in South London.