Miss Rachel O’Connell
Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
QualificationsMB ChB, MD(res), FRCS
Main NHS base:
St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust | The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- The Association of Breast Surgery
- Rapid assessment and diagnosis of breast related symptoms
- Treatment of benign (non cancerous) and malignant (cancerous) lesions of the breast
- Oncoplastic breast surgery (removal of the tumour with use of plastic surgical techniques to achieve the best possible appearance after treatment)
- Breast reconstruction
Sees adults and children (12+)
Fees, Training & Background:
Miss Rachel O’Connell is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at Parkside. Her NHS practice is at the Royal Marsden. She specialises in oncoplastic breast surgery, combining the removal of breast cancers with plastic surgery, with the aim of achieving the best cosmetic appearance following treatment.
Rachel works in collaboration with plastic surgeons at Parkside to provide the full range of reconstructive options. In addition, she has a holistic approach to patient care and works closely with her oncology colleagues at Parkside to ensure the highest quality of care for her patients.
Rachel qualified from the University of Bristol Medical School in 2007. She completed her surgical training within the London Deanery and a Royal College of Surgeons of England funded MD research degree at The Royal Marsden/Institute of Cancer Research, investigating improving cosmetic outcomes after breast cancer surgery.
She completed an Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Fellowship at The Royal Marsden in 2020/1.