Dr Kashif Burney
QualificationsMBBS MRCS FRCR
Main NHS base:
Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust
• Royal College of Radiologists of England (RCR).
• British Institute of Radiology (BIR).
• Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSEng.).
• British Society of Interventional Radiology (BSIR).
• Member of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE)
• British Medical Association (BMA).
- Symptomatic uterine fibroids
- Deep pelvic venous embolisation
- Diagnosis and radiological treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
- Pelvic MRI, MRA and CT angiography
- MRI scans of the prostate as well as pancreatic and liver specific MRI scans.
Fees, Training & Background:
Dr Burney has finished a five-year training programme in general and interventional radiology in the South West (Bristol) scheme.
He then undertook sub speciality training as a fellow in body imaging, abdominal vascular and non-vascular interventions at Southampton General Hospital. This included radiological management of gynaecological conditions such as uterine fibroids by uterine fibroid embolisation (UFE) and tumour embolisation. He has extensive experience in body and pelvic MRI, MRA and CT angiography.
Dr Burney was appointed as a consultant cross-sectional and interventional radiologist at Epsom and St Helier NHS trust in April 2007. He is the trust lead for gynaecological interventional procedures such as uterine fibroid embolisation (UFE)