Professor Stergios (Stelios) K. Doumouchtsis
Consultant Gynaecologist - subspecialist Urogynaecologist
QualificationsMSc MPH PhD MRCOG
Languages spoken:English, French, Greek
Main NHS base:
Epsom & St Helier Hospitals
- British Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (ESGE)
- British Society of Urogynaecologists (BSUG)
- International Urogynaecological Association (IUGA)
- International Continence Society (ICS)
- United Kingdom Continence Society (UKCS)
Urinary urgency, frequency, incontinence, voiding dysfunction, recurrent cystitis, painful bladder, pelvic pain, vaginal prolapse (cystocele, rectocele, uterine prolapse).
Childbirth injury, perineal pain / complications.
Menstrual problems, polycystic ovaries, Bartholin's cysts, enlarged or asymmetric labia.
Training & background:
Stergios (Stelios) Doumouchtsis is currently a Consultant Obstetrician Gynaecologist and subspecialist Urogynaecologist in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at St George’s University of London, UK and a Visiting Professor at the University of Athens, Medical School.
Having completed his training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the UK, he undertook subspecialty training in Urogynaecology. Following the completion of his training, he was awarded an Ethicon Travel Award by the RCOG and worked as a visiting Scholar in the University of Michigan, where he participated in research projects with the Pelvic Floor Research Group.
He is a member of several national and international scientific and professional committees, working groups and professional societies. He has authored over 50 peer-reviewed articles and over 20 book chapters and has been an invited speaker in national and international conferences. He is a Scientific Editor for BJOG.
Professional Bodies (Positions held - last 3 years)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) Deputy Director of Conferences (2015-)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) Council Member (London Members' Representative, 2014-)
- IUGA Education Committee (Regional Symposia subcommittee) (2013-)
- FIGO Task Force on Pelvic Floor Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, (2009-)
- ICI 2012. Committee 7. Pelvic Floor Imaging.
- BSUG Governance Committee (2011-)
- ICS Publications & Communications Committee (2012-)
- ICS Standardisation Steering Committee (2012-)
Please note these are regular clinics, other times may be available by appointment
A: Alternate weeks M: Monthly sessions A/H: Ad Hoc
Want to book an appointment?
Call us on:
020 8971 8026
T: 07718 003 200
F: 020 8043 2113
Personal website address: